Friday, April 20, 2018

28A-Your Exit Strategy

As sad as it is to think about what I would do with this company that I have created over the last semester, it is good to think about what the long term goals would be and how it would come to an end. Hopefully it would be successful enough here at UF that we would be able to expand Study Buddy's to other campuses across the nation. With this increase and growth and potential to be a successful app used around the country, it is a great opportunity however, I would see myself selling the business if it got to this level and hopefully it would be for a large return. I would do this because I don't think I would be able to manage a large company that expands that fast and I don't know how to scale a product like that if it took off and was used around the nation. I feel as though other companies would be able to manage this more and make it more user friendly to a larger base of people. I think this strategy has made me think about how far I'm going to grow up until a certain point. I would use the resources that I have available, whether it be social or physical or monetary in Gainesville to scale my project and make sure it will be as successful in the Gainesville market. Then once I am able to master this market, then I believe we would be able to move onto different markets then once it reaches a certain point to where I don' t think I could manage it any better with the resources I have, then I would sell it at that point, but I don't think it would influence any of my factors in the early parts of the venture. 

3 comments:

  1. I think it is smart to lead up to sell with slow and steady growth that proves a proof of concept, whether it be within Gainesville or beyond the city boundaries. The large return on initial investment will be the goal of my business and yours alike, but I believe the most important key would be the growth of the business that attracts more customers and potential buyers alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also said I would sell my idea. One thing I have learned from this class is that it takes a lot to develop a business. Thats before it is even hit the market as well. You need a lot of commitment and energy to really run with an idea and being able to realize you are not that person right now is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you want your company to expand to other campuses across the nation. Once, you have reached a certain size it will definitely get offers to be purchased. Selling this company for a good price to better management from an experienced company would be good for you and the business. I chose that route for my exit strategy as well in hopes I can make good money and leave the running of the company to new managers.

    ReplyDelete