Friday, February 16, 2018

11A-Idea Napkin 1

1. Who am I? I believe I am an outgoing, driven individual who won't stop until I achieve my goals in life. I love meeting new people and connecting with individuals. I am great with customer service as I have worked for Publix for almost five years now. I have a technical background in computers as I am an Information Systems major and I have a passion for technology. I would love to make a product that helps someone. If I were to make this app and it help one person, I would have met my aspirations of helping someone.

2.What am I offering to my customers? I am offering an app that would promote a different channel of communication and connection of your fellow classmates. If you have a problem on a specific homework or need a quick tutor lesson from a topic in class, you could find that in my product. This is promoting learning the right way on campuses and can help kids branch out and get help in subjects that maybe hard to find around campus.

3. My customers may not have the means or ways  to connect with other students as easily as others do, so this would be a great way to help with school, at the same time, try and make connections with your fellow classmates. My demographic would include College aged individuals seeking an easy alternative to finding help outside of the classroom. Also, people who have taken certain courses may sign up as tutors to try and provide help and assistance to those in need.

4.I believe my customers would care because they're tired of the normal ways of trying and reaching out to get help in school and coming to a dead end. This would be an alternative that may help people and with an end result of hopefully higher grades in the classroom and with that comes a whole lot of other added benefits like increased confidence and etc.

5.I think I stand apart because I want to see students connecting with their fellow classmates and also more importantly, doing better in the classroom. I don't think their is an app out there like the one I have an idea for and I think students would respond well to the app.

I think getting students to care would be the hardest point for me. I would think a majority of students have ways to connect with other students but convincing them that this app would help them if they used it would be a challenge. But I do believe that what I am offering could help. I know who my customers are and what I am offering, it would just take sometime to really get across to students and show that even though it's a different approach to the common way of getting help in school, it could really help.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that this app is great and that your biggest challenge is getting students convinced to use it. I believe in this scenario, you would want to try and sell your service to the university or college instead of the students directly. If professors or teaches across the country make it mandatory for students to utilize, you can then get them interested in using your service. If i were you though, i would take a look at edmodo and how similar you are to them. Edmodo connects teachers and students in a class together, but it seems your service extends their usefulness. Maybe selling your idea to them would actually be the best route to do. Just something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your honesty with understanding the biggest potential struggle being the audience caring about your solution, but the opportunity you present cares a clear vision about the potential business. I respect the effort of your project to connect students and create community within the school, but struggle to find a large market for this idea. With some fine tuning, this might turn into an eventual success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creating a perfect mix of social and school oriented is a big challenge. I think you have a clear idea of what niche you want to fit with this product and your biggest obstacle will be getting people to buy into this particular app over others. Making it easy to share notes and ideas with peers that would have previously been strangers will draw many potential customers in to this app.

    ReplyDelete