Friday, March 16, 2018

18A-Customer Avatar

If I had to make my customer avatar, I would start simple and say that they are more of an introverted type person. They are using my app to branch out and hopefully meet other people to try and help with their school work. They are college level aged ranging from 18-22. I would say they drive a decently new car, but nothing fancy. I think they would prefer and stay inside on a Friday night and not go out or if they did, it would be something low key with a small group of friends. On the other hand, the other side of the market could be out going side and want to go out and do some fun stuff on a Friday night. I think they would enjoy funny comedies like The Office, or Parks and Rec. I think they want to feel older, but they don't know how yet. These would also be students that have semi decent grades to the point where they are okay, but they just want another way to get help to hopefully bump up their grade and get the grade they are hoping for. I say this because the really smart students don't need to go and get help and they student's who are doing poorly probably don't care and don't want to get help. I think I have more in common with the out going side of the market. I like going out and doing things on Friday nights and meeting new people. I am also on the side of the market with okay grades. If I got a little more help, they would be really good, but for now they are pretty good. I also drive a decently new car and then love the shows The Office and Parks and Rec. I think this is not a coincidence as many people try and look for problems in the world and try and capture problems that you your self are facing. Then when trying to branch out and think of a market, you kind of see your self in that market as I do with my study buddy app.

3 comments:

  1. I think you excellently describes your customers avatars. I could picture both customers very well, and can say im probably more of the stay at home introverted type. I think the most important thing you stated was that the app is for people with ok grades. I think thats extremely true as well. You are absolutely correct in stating that people with really poor grades dont care and people with really good grades do not need it. But for some reason the kids with the good grades may end up being it in anyways. Its like when the A students do the extra credit just because it gives them an extra cushion. Overall, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your avatar is spot on, but not even the one I thought it would be. This shows that your product can be for a variety of people, not just one audience. This will give your product more of a reach and make it able to last longer. Way to think out of the box here and be very specific

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your customer description is super in depth and very accurate to what I imagined as well. Having such a clear vision for your target market is important in designing your product. I like how you considered social aspects as well as demographics. Both quantitative and qualitative data are important in the successful creation of a targe customer.

    ReplyDelete